Early Career Scholar Awards
Deadline: June 15, 2018
Awardees will be notified by July 1, 2018.
A small number of Early Career Scholar Awards are given to outstanding graduate students and adjunct or tenure-track scholars who have an active research interest in the conference themes. The Award provides a strong professional development opportunity for early career academics—meeting experts in the field, interacting with colleagues from other parts of the world, and creating networks and lasting connections. Awardees are invited to attend the conference to present their work, with the option to organize and/or participate in themed sessions or panels. They will also receive professional development mentoring from top scholars in the field through participation in a 1-day pre-conference workshop.
Early Career Scholars will receive free registration and hotel accommodation and special recognition during the conference. Awardees must arrive the Monday evening before the workshop, attend the pre-conference mentorship workshop on Tuesday, and actively participate in the entire conference on Wednesday and Thursday.
Applications are open to nontenured early career faculty, graduate students and recent post-graduates. Applicants should register for the conference as soon as possible, to take advantage of early registration and student pricing. Participants will have registration and accommodations (at local Hotel Indigo or Holiday Inn Hotel) covered for both the Workshop and the subsequent REP Conference.
- Register for REP Austin 2018
- Submit a cover letter explaining your research interests, where you are in your career stage, how this award would further your career goals, and what topics would most be of most interest in a professional development workshop;
- Submit an extended abstract not exceeding 1,000 words summarizing research to be presented at REP Austin 2018
Extended abstracts (less than 1,000 words) will be evaluated on criteria including but not limited to the following:
- Coherent research question/objective situated in relevant theoretical or conceptual literature;
- Clearly described research design;
- Cogent description of results or findings;
- Compelling discussion of results or findings.
A selection committee will review all applications and make a recommendation to the committee chair. Awardees will be notified by July 1, 2018. The award winners will be recognized at the closing gala dinner and on the REP website.